Manager, DevOps Engineering (Remote)
- Salary To be discussed
- Published on December 31st, 2022
As soon as possible
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 7,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.Manager, DevOps
Toronto, ON (Open to Remote)
- Lead senior members of DevOps team responsible for building and managing software infrastructure
- Oversee all code deployments and infrastructure changes to deployment environments to ensure it is done in a controlled, auditable manner
- Promote good engineering practices across our development teams on core DevOps tenents including logging and monitoring, designing for reliability, scalability and security, automated testing, risk and incident management.
- Collaborate with internal and external, technical and non-technical teams to build and support development platforms and applications.
- Work with relevant teams to set up best practices, leading the way in our DevOps best practice definition and improvements.
- Collaborate with the tech and business leaders to implement best practices on DevOps, SRE, deployment checklists, and logging and monitoring
- Keep up to date with changing trends in Cloud technology and DevOps practices, adopting solution that improves our processes and capable of achieving strategic and tactical goals and objectives.
- Work with DevOps teams, technical and business leaders to make informed decisons on adoption of new tools and practices.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to define and update LifeWorks data flow, identify high risk areas and develop feasible mitigating solutions
- Practice continuous improvement by constantly reviewing DevOps process and tools to identify and build efficiency and effectiveness into DevOps strategy, approach and processes
- Build a world class high performance team of DevOps engineers to manage a cutting edge technology stack and deliver quality software products by recruiting, developing and retaining top talents.
- Establish SMART goals for DevOps team members to promote both their technical growth including training and support their individual career objectives, and carry out performance appraisals to support and manage low and high performance.
- Ensure cross team collaboration on enterprise strategy and product roadmaps and goals
- Comfortable with and Experienced in building roadmaps and owning DevOps team’s project prioritization and backlog, and with the trade-offs inherent in a rapidly-changing technical environment.
- Track record of designing, introducing and implementing Azure services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups that meets customer, data and security objectives.
- Experience designing and building continuous integration and infrastructure-as-code environments, including multi-region failover, zero-downtime deployments, failure injection, artefact repositories, etc.
- Experienced on how to design application and infrastructure for observability, security and reliability
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS and Azure) and management tooling (including Containers, Terraform, Ansible, DataDog, etc.)
- Software development experience, ideally in PHP, Python or Node, C# with working knowledge of developing dotnet Core applications
- Experience with core services such as Azure Storage including Blob, Azure VMs, Azure LB, Azure ASG, Azure Serverless, Azure DB, Azure Container Instance, Kubernetes, Docker
- Good networking and enterprise level Storage knowledge with SQL and NoSQL DB
- Previous Experience designing, implementing and day to day use of logging and monitoring tool to capture data for alerting and issue identification and resolution- DataDog or ELK
- 10 to 12 years IT experience
- At least 7 years DevOps production experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Over 3 years experience defining strategic and tactical initiatives and roadmap planning
Capabilities required to be successful:
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery; Azure DevOps, Jenkins - Expert
- Tools and process Automation - Expert
- Programming and scripting - Python, Bash, Go, Nodejs, PHP - Advanced in two or more
- Testing & Configuration management tools - Docker, Ansible, Terraform - Advanced
- Cloud - Azure - Advanced, AWS - Intermediate
- Collaboration - cross functional and business communication - Expert
- Software Architecture & Design - Advanced
- Security - Network protocols, data flow, secret management - Expert
- Problem solving - Expert
- Flexible and Agile mindset - POC, Incremental development, useable software - Expert
- Leadership - Expert
Where permitted by law, LifeWorks employees must be fully immunized to access a LifeWorks office or customer premises.
Persons with disabilities who need accommodation in the application process or those needing job postings in an alternative format may e-mail a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fulfilling work that matters
LifeWorks is in the business of helping organizations help their people and in the process, we strive to elevate ours. We're always looking for talented professionals and strategic leaders looking to make a difference in the lives of the people we serve. We appreciate the interest of every applicant; however, we contact only those selected for an interview.
At LifeWorks, we are committed to putting our people first. Our priority is to optimize the health and productivity of our people. In light of COVID-19, our company continues to monitor the global situation and following local guidance in each of our communities to ensure the health and wellbeing of our employees. Safety is our highest priority, and while the goal is to ultimately return to the office, we are currently working remotely and are connecting with candidates through virtual interviews, recruitment events, and information sessions. We are excited to connect with you virtually, and look forward to receiving your application.
Internal reference No.
Other LifeWorks's offers that may interest you