This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Investment and Risk Practice | Retirement Solutions
The Investment and Risk (I&R) practice, a part of the Retirement Solutions line of business, has been providing traditional investment consulting services to our clients for over 30 years, spanning investment strategy, asset allocation, investment manager selection, and performance monitoring. The practice has also become an industry leader in pension risk management (asset-liability modelling) and pension risk transfer consulting. In 2012, we launched LifeWorks Investment Management to provide implemented investment and risk management solutions (OCIO).
Reporting to a Principal in the Investment and Risk (I&R) Practice, the candidate will be active in providing investment and risk consulting services to clients of LifeWorks and supporting business development activities.
- Provide a full range of investment and risk consulting services to clients including the following:
- Giving advice on the appropriateness of the fund structure and strategic asset mix;
- Attending client meetings and delivering performance monitoring reports, including providing critical analysis and insight into an investment manager’s performance with independent review and intelligent probing questions of a manager’s presentation;
- Attending client meetings and delivering dashboards and asset-liability study reports, including providing insights based on clients’ objectives and various risk and return metrics;
- Undertaking manager searches on behalf of a client including the ability to identify the triggers that might prompt a manager review;
- Providing critical review of a fund’s Statement of Investment Policies and Procedures including advice on optimal governance structures as it relates to investing;
- Educating clients on industry developments and various topics such as investment and risk management trends, manager styles, and investment products;
- Developing creative and cost effective solutions to meet client needs;
- Maintaining and developing excellent clients relationships;
- Delivering presentations at conferences or workshops on topical matters related to pension fund investing and/or pension risk management;
- Providing peer review of work completed by others ensuring adherence to technical, professional, and ethical standards;
- Acting as a resource of broad based investment and risk management knowledge to colleagues in other practice areas;
- Participating in the development of proposals;
- Performing investment market research and intellectual capital production for the development of marketing material; and
- Managing special projects as required.
Succeeding as an Investment and Risk Consultant will require the following core qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in actuarial science, business, finance or economics (or related courses in investments);
- Completed Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries (FCIA) designation, or candidate to one/both of the programs;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant industry experience;
- Knowledge of the investment process for institutional investment programs, including defined benefit pension plans, defined contribution pension plans, other CAP arrangements, endowments and foundations;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both orally and written;
- Intellectual curiosity about financial markets and institutional investing;
- Ability to explain sophisticated investment concepts;
- Ability to work collaboratively as a key member of a team and independently with minimum supervision; Proven ability to prioritize competing requirements and deadlines under pressure;
- Be enthusiastic and proactive;
- Strong knowledge of institutional investment managers an asset; and
- Bilingual (French and English), oral and written, is strongly preferred.
Job Grade: MS4
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency.
By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services.
LifeWorks employs over 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries.
LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK).
For more information, visit lifeworks.com.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 19097
Other LifeWorks's offers that may interest you