This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Build a meaningful career
At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Analyst, Investment Operations
LifeWorks Investment Management Ltd.
Montreal, QC or Toronto, ON
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency. By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services. LifeWorks employs approximately 7,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries. LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK). For more information, visit lifeworks.com.
LifeWorks Investment Management Ltd. was established to provide implemented consulting and risk management. We provide a full spectrum of investment solutions including Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO), proprietary funds, and bundled services for investment management, asset/ liability modeling, actuarial, administration, investment policy, performance measurement, investment manager searches, governance, and both pension board/committee and member education.
The Analyst will be responsible for ensuring the optimal delivery of investment operations services across all clients. This position will partner with external stakeholders (investment managers, custodians, etc.) as well as internal stakeholders (compliance, portfolio managers, consultants, etc.) to ensure the effective operational support delivery.
Portfolio Monitoring & Trading
- Monitor client asset allocation on a monthly basis to ensure it is within the IPS/SIPP guidelines;
- Monitor client glide path on a monthly basis to identify potential de-risking trigger hits;
- Perform monthly client NAV reconciliations;
- Monitor client daily cash, including forecasted cash flows;
- Perform rebalancing calculations following a trigger event (IPS/SIPP/glide path);
- Prepare trade instructions once approval is received from the Portfolio Manager;
- Perform post-trade verifications;
- Assist in client portfolio transitions.
Performance Measurement and Attribution
- Prepare the performance calculation of the firm’s Alternative strategies fund;
- Participate in various ad-hoc performance analysis.
- Reconcile clients’ investment management and custodian invoices and prepare required instructions to process those;
- Reconcile various vendors invoices;
- Prepare monthly corporate expenses accruals and reconciliation;
- Calculate monthly clients’ OCIO fees and prepare required instruction to process those;
- Perform monthly clients’ OCIO fees reconciliation against Finance’s records.
- Assist with client and fund implementation tasks;
- Act as point of contact for counterparties and vendors;
- Assist the CCO with certain aspects of the Fund/Firm’s regulatory oversight;
- Maintain operational procedures up to date.
- Bachelor's degree in Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science or related field;
- CFA, MBA, ASA and/or FSA designations or working toward any of those, an asset;
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in an investment management or consulting firm;
- Experience dealing with investment managers, custodians, lawyers, compliance personnel and securities regulators, an asset;
- Experience with actuaries, consultants, an asset;
- Understanding of pension plan liabilities, an asset;
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. macros), an asset;
- Bilingual (English and French), an asset;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to details;
- Demonstrates initiative to improve existing processes;
- Ability to prioritize competing demands, manage multiple concurrent tasks and adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to analyze problems, determine and implement appropriate solutions.
Job Grade: MS2
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency.
By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services.
LifeWorks employs over 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries.
LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK).
For more information, visit lifeworks.com.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Internal reference No. 19083
Other LifeWorks's offers that may interest you