This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Position at Lifemark Health Group
Cole Harbour Integrated Health Services - pt Health
Cole Harbour, NS
As a member of the multidisciplinary team, you will work with clients to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
Clients are typically referred via disability and auto insurance providers, Workers’ Compensation, legal firms and other third-party organizations to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
In coordination with the treatment team you will be responsible for the following:
- Providing psychological services including assessment, treatment, and consultation; contributing to overall rehabilitation planning and goals
- Utilizing a primarily cognitive-behavioral approach to treatment, incorporating a variety of tools and interventions, based on an overall client-centered philosophy
- Providing timely comprehensive reporting and communicating findings to the interdisciplinary treatment team as well as referral sources.
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning, via attending case conferences, team meetings and clinical record-keeping.
- Registration with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology (NSBEP)
- Knowledge of techniques to assist with managing pain symptoms an asset
- Ability to utilize a cognitive-behavioural approach to assist clients with anxiety, depression, anger management, relationship/marriage counselling, or other mental health conditions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to changing schedules and priorities
Lifemark is the rehabilitation division of Lifemark Health Group, and while physiotherapy remains a core service, we have expanded to meet patient needs and now offer multi-disciplinary services. The statement ''Movement to a better life'' encompasses our purpose because when you move better, you feel better. This is at the heart of everything we do. It’s why we’re so passionate about helping reduce pain, increase mobility and get back to life with our full range of rehabilitation services.
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Lifemark Health Group's offers that may interest you