This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Position at Lifemark Health Group
Registered Clinical Psychologist - Lifemark
Lifemark has an exciting opportunity for an established Registered Clinical Psychologist to join our growing team!
Location: Halifax, NS
Start date: Immediately
Status: Permanent Full time. Contractors will be considered.
This full-time position includes health & dental benefits, a competitive guaranteed annual salary, and a continuing education allowance for professional development. We are looking for a Psychologist that will work primarily with our interdisciplinary team to facilitate return to work activities for clients with basic and complex injuries in Atlantic Canada.
Experience with PTSD, adjustment and acute stress disorders, depression, anxiety, and bullying and harassment is required. Post-graduate education/experience in Prolonged Exposure Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy is an asset.
You may be required to work with clients where the majority of injuries are musculoskeletal, with identified psychosocial concerns that may limit a successful return to work. You are an assertive, compassionate yet objective team player, who is solution focused.
This position will work alongside other health care professionals to rehabilitate individuals who have sustained complex work-related injuries. This is an opportunity to be a member of an exciting, truly interdisciplinary network!
In coordination with the treatment team you will be responsible for the following:
· Primarily focused on providing education and intervention for clients with workplace illness/injuries, motor vehicle accident clients, or other extended health claims
· Utilizing a primarily CBT approach incorporating a variety of tools and interventions, based on an overall client-centered philosophy.
· Providing timely comprehensive reporting and communicating findings to the interdisciplinary treatment team as well as referral sources.
· Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning. The Psychologist may be required to provide supervision and work alongside a group of psychotherapists
· Registered Psychologist, in good standing with the Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Psychology
· Experience in the field of health psychology and familiarity with the biopsychosocial model of health
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to effectively adapt to changing schedules and priorities
· The understanding of WCB insurance, and workplace health
· Specific experience in the assessment and treatment of occupational rehabilitation claims
Apply today! Visit www.lifemark.ca for more information
Lifemark is the rehabilitation division of Lifemark Health Group, and while physiotherapy remains a core service, we have expanded to meet patient needs and now offer multi-disciplinary services. The statement ''Movement to a better life'' encompasses our purpose because when you move better, you feel better. This is at the heart of everything we do. It’s why we’re so passionate about helping reduce pain, increase mobility and get back to life with our full range of rehabilitation services.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Lifemark Health Group's offers that may interest you