This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Position at Lifemark Health Group
Lifemark Seniors Wellness is one of the largest rehabilitation focused companies dedicated to providing therapy solutions for seniors. With over 30 years of experience, we are a preferred partner of more than 185 LTC homes, 55 retirement communities and provide over 180 senior dwellings with physiotherapy, occupational therapy and therapeutic group exercise programming. As Canada's largest physiotherapy company, our purpose is: Movement to a better life. For our staff, the Lifemark difference is based on 4 pillars: We foster innovative thinking; assist with career development; we support personal health and wellness; and devoted to making a real impact in the communities that we live and work in.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Physiotherapy Assistant to join our growing team!
Location: Deep River, ON
Start date: Immediately
Schedule: 15 hours a week
Status: Permanent, Part-time
Mandatory requirement: Valid clear Vulnerable Sector screening check and Proof of Tuberculin (2-Step Mantoux Test) clearance (within 6 months)
We have gone above and beyond to ensure the safety of our patients and employees with PPE provided, the spacing of patients, screening, and more. Extensive safety protocols and procedures have been put into place and are mandatory.
In this role you will:
- Assist the supervising physiotherapist in performing various components of the treatment plans for individuals living in residential care communities
- Perform various treatments as prescribed and directed by the supervising Physiotherapist including but not limited to gait training, balance exercises, transfer training, range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities. (i.e. heat, ice, ultrasound, TENS)
- Deliver dynamic, safe and therapeutically beneficial exercise classes for groups of residents
- Set up and prepare equipment and clean up after residents' treatments
- Ensure that the resident gym and treatment areas are safe and tidy
- Maintain regular ongoing communication with the physiotherapist regarding any changes or concerns about a resident's status or treatment interventions
- Record daily treatments using Seniors Wellness' proprietary, web-based system
- PTA/OTA diploma or degree in Kinesiology
- Previous experience within an LTC setting is preferred
- A valid Vulnerable Sector screening check and TB test
Apply today! To learn more please visit us at https://www.lifemarkseniorswellness.ca
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Lifemark Health Group's offers that may interest you