This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practices and business development opportunities.
We believe we can build a healthier Canada through the power of technology.
As a Supervisor, Lab Operations with a specific focus on Microbiology, you will be responsible for the achievement of goals and targets related to safety, quality and cost-effective delivery of diagnostic services to assigned workgroups. You will also be responsible for the efficient day-to-day operations of their assigned employee group, including planning, coordination, evaluation and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and management of all employees assigned to them.
This is a full-time temporary position with shifts are between 7;00 am and 6;00 pm. This shift requires rotation through weekends and statutory holidays.
- Responsible for developing and approving employee schedules, sick time, vacation and leaves ensuring compliance with operational needs and company policies.
- Provide active leadership and development to all direct reports, ensuring all individual and team accountabilities are delivered upon.
- Responsible for onboarding, training, managing performance, coaching for improvement, and managing progressive discipline for direct reports in collaboration with their manager.
- Implements the annual business plan including setting objectives and targets, assisting in the development of strategies for integration of new business and leading smaller special projects.
- Identify, implement and manage to ensure continuous improvement in quality, safety, productivity, customer service and staff development.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain the appropriate resources; work collaboratively with peers and support groups
- Participate in local Leadership Teams and provide timely and appropriate communication to area staff.
- Manage day-to-day operation of their area and generally plans to weekly or monthly cycles.
- Supports a work environment of continuous improvement with safety as a priority.
- Plans direct and coordinates shift operations aligned to the business plan.
- Provides professional and/or technical training on procedures, laboratory testing and/or screening methods and ensures technical competence of all employees.
- Accountable for the financial performance of their area, identifying variances and ensuring corrective actions are implemented.
- Provides input into validation and verification of automation and new and/or revised operation processes
- Ensure Business Recovery Plan (BRP) preparedness of self and team. Implement BRP when required
- Accountable for escalating operational issues in an effective manner to ensure Leadership awareness of problems impacting the operation
- Accountable for escalating all safety incidents as established by EH&S guidelines.
- Accountable for the coordination and reporting of investigations, root cause analysis, and recommendations to the Manager.
- Ensure EHS policies and procedures are current and adhered to in the workplace.
- Review EHS monthly inspection sign off and work with Health and Safety representative to recommend corrective action
- College diploma in Medical Lab Technology or equivalent education
- Registered with CSMLS
- Six years of diagnostic lab experience, preferably
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits - our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Microbiology, Medical, Laboratory, Manager, Science, Healthcare, Operations, Management
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON