This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
This role is accountable to move empty Specimen Transport Container (STC) bags from Specimen Management back into the Distribution Centre area facilitating more efficient flow for Operations and Logistics. The role includes logging PSC requisitions, replacing in-use supplies for Direct to Test stations, delivering incoming mail to the mailroom, and preparing requested in-use supplies for transport to other locations. This is a Part-Time role working with our team in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Push or pull full rolling racks of empty STC bags out of Specimen Management into the Distribution Centre
- Visually inspect each bag to ensure no specimens remain in the bag and ensure a minimum number of transport supplies are in the bag so that it is ready for re-use
- Lift bags onto stationary storage racks and return rolling racks to vestibule area
- Log receipt of incoming scanned requisitions
- Deliver mail received in Specimen Management to the mailroom
- Receive and fill requests for STC supplies and prepare for delivery to PSCs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Familiarity with laboratory operations or specimen management would be an asset
Working Environment: Distribution centre environment, may deal with biohazardous and chemical materials, consistent and repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs (frequently above shoulder height), consistent standing and walking, frequent pushing and pulling of rolling racks.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Chemical Research, Laboratory, Mailroom, Recruiting, Part Time, Engineering, Science, Operations, Human Resources
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | OPSEU BA Lab Patient Technician- Part Time- Barrie | Barrie,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician (Chemistry)- Part Time (Overnight)- Mississauga | Mississauga,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Microbiology - Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Belleville | Belleville,ON