This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
Job Title: Mobile Lab Assistant Reports to: Supervisor, Client Services
Shifts vary between 9:30am and 10:00pm, Monday-Thursday. Must have a vehicle.
Do you want to help improve patients’ healthcare outcomes? Now you can. LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is a proud Canadian company with over 50 years experience. We provide laboratory testing services that help healthcare providers diagnose, treat, monitor and prevent disease in patients. LifeLabs is currently looking for a Mobile Laboratory Assistant to join our team in Kincardine, Chesley area.
Purpose of the Role The Mobile Lab Assistant is primarily responsible for ensuring the safe, accurate and efficient collection of customer specimens (including nasal swabs for COVID- 19 screening) primarily at non LifeLabs’ facilities and places of business within a designated geographical area.
S/he represents LifeLabs as a brand ambassadors by living the Vision and Values in all activities.
Core Accountabilities Operational
• Welcomes customers upon arrival making them feel safe
• Reviews all necessary paperwork is complete and accurate and engages customer privately to verify information
• Ensures a safe, comfortable, efficient and personalized experience with specimen collection
• Represent LifeLabs in a professional and positive manner
• Prepares specimens and packages accurately for transport following every detail of the Standard of Practice (SOP)
• Keeps work area well organized and maintains a professional appearance
• Puts safety first by demonstrating appropriate infection control
• Demonstrates high quality by abiding with SOPs
• Demonstrates safety first by complying with all SOPs
• Well versed with LifeLabs communications channels and stays current with any news and updates
• Thrives in dynamic work environments; embraces change when it delivers improvements and effortless experience for both the customer and employee; understands customers’ expectations evolve and we must adapt to deliver
• Enjoys caring for people, ensuring they feel valued and has the best experience possible Quality Assurance and Regulatory Compliance
• Performs all assigned activities according to current LifeLabs Policies and Procedures including equipment maintenance, quality control, Homecare program, etc.
• Recognizes discrepancies and incidents, takes appropriate action and escalate accordingly. Collects relevant data for key indicator reports in order to develop process improvements.
• Stays informed and complies with all safety regulations i.e. WHMIS, TDG, LifeLabs Safety manual, Infection Control).
• Keeps up to date with information shared through different modes of communication (i.e. memos, Policies, Standard Operating Procedures).
Minimum Hiring Requirements Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of a health care related program or equivalent is an asset
Experience: 2 years in a health care environment Working Environment: Frequent changes from indoor to outdoor and time spent driving
• Appreciates that safety, privacy and security are table stakes for customers and non-negotiable
• Embraces problems with a can-do attitude and calm and measured approach striving to solve and continuously improve
• Thrives in dynamic and changing environments
• Strong sense of initiative, accountability, and a “can-do” attitude
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must have valid Driver’s License, good driving record and access to a vehicle
• Caring, customer first, agility and teamwork are in you DNA
This is a contract role and shifts and statuses will vary from Part Time to Full Time.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share in the importance of our values: Caring, Customer Driven, Agile and One Team and can live these values with us every day.
Ready to make a difference? Apply today.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Medical, Temporary, Laboratory, Law, Lab Assistant, Healthcare, Contract, Science, Legal
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you