This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Brantford, Ontario as a Mobile Lab Patient Technician.
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences in order to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
This is a part-time role suitable for an individual seeking day shifts and the ability to maintain a good work/life balance.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Do you have:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits - our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively, please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Medical, Technician, Laboratory, Healthcare, Part Time, Technology, Science
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON