This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Medical Lab Technologist to join our Microbiology team in Toronto, Ontario.
Our Medical Lab Technologists provide accurate and timely interpretive and diagnostic specimen testing and reporting. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a wide range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing
- Performing, interpreting and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
- Identifying incidents and non-conformities, participating in the development of effective corrective action plans, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of new technology.
- Participating in problem solving in work organization and workflow.
This is a Part Time role with Afternoon shift work from 3:00 p.m to 11:00 p.m., weekends and rotational Statutory Holidays, suitable to the maintenance of a healthy work/life balance. LifeLabs’ facilities are also known as “teaching laboratories,” offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- CMLTO registered.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits - our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Technologist, Microbiology, Laboratory, Part Time, Healthcare, Science
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you