This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
We believe we can build a healthier Canada through the power of technology. As a Medical Lab Technologist with LifeLabs you will have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and be part of a community/team that is supportive and collaborative.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a full-time float, Medical Lab Technologist to join our High Volume Chemistry team in Burnaby, British Columbia
Our Medical Lab Technologists provide accurate and timely interpretive and diagnostic specimen testing and reporting. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a wide range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing in High Volume Chemistry
- Performing, interpreting and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
- Identifying incidents and non-conformities, participating in the development of effective corrective action plans, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of new technology.
- Participating in problem-solving in work organization and workflow.
This is a Full-time Float position working Sunday to Saturday, days, evenings, nights. LifeLabs’ facilities are also known as “teaching laboratories,” offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking a Registered Technologist with CSMLS who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment while adhering to LifeLabs’ standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem-solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy, and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits - our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We’d love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
As a caring and customer driven organization, LifeLabs is committed to providing inclusive, barrier free services and workplaces. We will accommodate the accessibility needs of individuals with disabilities during the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please advise the Recruiter who contacts you and we will work with you to meet your needs.
LifeLabs has operated in Canada for more than 50 years. It is a leading provider of laboratory testing and management services, contributing to the treatment and prevention of disease by enabling healthcare providers to operate more efficiently and effectively. LifeLabs provides more than 100 million diagnostic tests for approximately 19 million patients visits annually. Information from these tests plays a vital role in predicting, diagnosing, treating and monitoring disease. LifeLabs operates the largest community medical laboratory network in Canada, together with our hospital and healthcare partners. LifeLabs also partners with healthcare providers to build a healthier Canada by transforming and managing laboratory organizations to better meet the complex healthcare challenges of today and tomorrow.
Job Segment: Medical, Medical Technologist, Laboratory, Medical Lab, Scientist, Healthcare, Science
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON