This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Biochemist/ Medical Director
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
- Developing and validating mass spectrometry methods in consultation with Medical/Scientific and Quality and Regulatory Affairs departments
- Training resource technologists on methods and procedures related to the area of Mass Spectrometry
- Assisting in maintaining and troubleshooting sample preparation and automated analyzers (mass spectrometers) and other equipment as required.
- Optimizing workflows and monitoring and evaluating quality assurance procedures as appropriate
New Test Development and MedSci Support - 80%
- In consultation with MedSci, maintain current tests and develop new tests (including sample preparation) to meet quality, operational, and business development needs.
- In consultation with MedSci, and QRA evaluate, validate, implement and continuously improve tests and instrumentation as appropriate. Includes maintaining knowledge of tests reported including theory, criteria for repeating and diluting samples, critical values, and test specific protocols
- Support selection, validation, and documentation of all quality control materials for assays.
- In consultation with QRA and Operations, develop and train staff on SOP’s for assays, instrumentation and, software
- In consultation with IT, support design and maintenance of middleware program to facilitate results uploading and downloading for assays
- In consultation with Operations, design and optimize workflow that is suitable for existing staff level and equipment state.
Operations Support - 20%
- Support Operations in instrument troubleshooting and repair to minimize instrument down time.
- Assist Operations in forecasting staffing requirements and timelines for test and method development.
- Supports MLT’s in assuming more responsibilities for lot changes, Quality Control and run acceptance, troubleshooting of existing assays, instrument and equipment troubleshooting.
- Maintain awareness of recent advances and changes in current trends regarding instrumentation, methodologies, technical knowledge, and expertise in the designated discipline.
- Advise on capital proposals including identifying, documenting, and making recommendations to Operations on issues such as program expansion, expenditures, products. and equipment planning.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in any life sciences discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years’ experience of working in a clinical (not research) lab environment
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with solid phase/liquid phase extractions, HPLC and mass spectrometry operation and troubleshooting
- LC-MS/MS/GCMS/ICPMS method development and validation (familiarity with FDA and CLSI guidelines)
- Experience with regulatory requirements would be an asset
- Knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System would be an asset
- Knowledge of Functional Medicine testing would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. macros)
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Biochemistry, Scientific, Laboratory, Medical, Scientist, Science, Engineering, Healthcare
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON