This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At LifeLabs, we are focused on our vision of building a healthier Canada! We are the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada with over 350 collection centres, 16 laboratories and service over 20 million patients each year.
Caring, Agile, Customer Driven, One Team - We live our values every day in what we do to help our patients and healthcare providers. With over 6,000 employees, we all make a difference and that’s why our people are so important to us.
This is an exciting time to join our LifeLabs team, grow your career with us and support numerous business initiatives, innovations, best practice and business development opportunities.
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities, the Facilities Services Specialist supports the facilities team to ensure LifeLabs has facilities that are safe and compliant for all internal and external clients, and that LifeLabs sites will run at optimal efficiency in support of asset integrity, value and lifecycle.
This is a full-time on-premises role requiring presence at LifeLabs' Burnaby & Surrey locations.
• Draft/prepare business cases based on assigned capital repairs, prepares briefing materials and presentations to management as required.
• Determine project requirements by reviewing layouts, working with affected stakeholders, determine feasibility of project requests, generate options, discuss best end result, and ensure full scope is considered.
• Provide budget estimates based on vendor quotes for all aspects of the construction.
• Coordinate modifications to existing layout on build requirements with internal customer and contractors.
• Participate in construction site meetings during execution phase and ensure that the contractor leads site meetings; take minutes and their distribution to all applicable stakeholders.
• Oversee the general contractor, consultant, and movers to ensure ongoing progress of project and completed execution of the construction documents.
• Manage third-party vendor contracts ensuring adherence to contract documents and pre-established KPI’s (i.e. janitorial, mechanical, electrical, security, etc).
• Assist Manager of Facilities with screening of potential vendors.
• Utilize the work order system in order to lead the development of the company’s response to assigned enterprise wide initiatives as they relate to facilities management (i.e. janitorial, small work accessibility, health and safety, sustainability and greening, continuity of operations, physical security and urgent work requests).
• 1+ years’ experience on a corporate facilities team OR in the role of a project coordinator.
• 1+ years’ experience in vendor/contractor management is an asset.
• Demonstrated abilities in written communications skills, including the taking of meeting minutes & preparation of briefing/meeting materials.
• Excellent relationship building/management skills.
• Intermediate proficiency with MS Office.
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Facilities, Electrical, Real Estate, Business Development, Laboratory, Operations, Engineering, Sales, Science
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON