This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Improve lives. Love your job. Grow your career.
The Director, Enterprise Architecture will report to the CIO and will lead the business vision and strategy through an effective enterprise architecture road map, plan and execute that strategy. Develop architectural models that describe the organization’s technology solutions current state and recommendations for future state, provide oversight and direction through to execution. Provide comprehensive recommendations and direction through proficient understanding of infrastructure, software, data, and systems engineering.
- Establish and maintain TOGAF based Enterprise Architecture framework, governance and processes appropriate for LifeLabs enterprise systems.
- Establish and maintain Enterprise Architecture Roadmap and associated strategic technology planning for the IT systems in support of LifeLabs’ business capabilities.
- Develop and maintain policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the enterprise.
- Manage architectural risks associated with IT assets through the development, use and promotion of the appropriate standards and policies.
- Collaborate with units within IT and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
- Lead a team of Enterprise Architects to work with various businesses and IT stakeholders to demonstrate and show business value of enterprise-wide, shared infrastructure or to show value of any new strategic platforms being considered.
- Chair the IT Review Board, and responsible for updating the IT Heat Map semiannually.
- Develop, communicate and deploy Enterprise Architecture Governance processes.
- Review new and existing program/project architecture for compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans.
- Develop architectural strategy and roadmap for legacy application refresh or replacement, and in applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotic Process Automation (RPA).
- Work with Application Services and Technology Services to develop the strategy and plan to migrate application portfolio to the cloud.
- Work with Information Security Services, Application Services, and Technology Services to standardize the technology and application portfolio to reduce duplications, and reduce overhead and support cost.
- Education - University Degree, BSc degree in Computer Science or related discipline - MSc degrees preferred
- 15 years previous related experience, complex future state planning affecting core systems and processes
- Minimum of 10 years of experience designing complex, integrated solutions
- 5+ years of management and leadership experience is required
- Knowledge of infrastructure components, virtualization technologies, middleware and SOA, SaaS
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns, IT standards and policies.
- Experience of at least one of the commonly used methods, notations and tools (e.g. MooD, Rational Suite, METIS, Artisan, ISSE, System Architect, UML, RUP)
- Experience in ‘system of systems’ architecture development, partitioning of functionality among applications and components and application interfaces/interoperability concerns
- Experience of software development methodologies and structured approaches to system development
- Awareness of systems management and operational support tools Security and/or infrastructure experience would also be a significant benefit
- Hands on experience in working with cloud platform and cloud based solutions, data lake, high volume transaction and real time processing, API, DevOps, AI, and RPA
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and work across functionally as part of a team
- Drive to engage others, and have excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Occasional travelling may be required
LifeLabs is committed to building an inclusive environment and will provide accommodations in accordance with the AODA - Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please indicate in your application any accommodations you will require throughout the recruitment process. Alternatively please contact our corporate offices main line to be directed to a member of the Talent Acquisition team at (416) 675-4530.
Job Segment: Manager, Architecture, Engineer, Developer, Computer Science, Management, Engineering, Technology
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other LifeLabs's offers that may interest you
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technologist - Micro - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Lab Technologist - Chem/Hematology - Temp Regular Part-Time - Flexible Shift - Sudbury | Sudbury,ON
- Job posting | Medical Laboratory Technician - Molecular - Part Time Regular - Overnight Shift - Toronto | Toronto,ON