Le Groupe Océan inc.3 Chemin de la Traverse, Saint-Bernard-sur-Mer,QC
- Salary To be discussed
40.00 h - Full time
Day shift work
- Published on August 29th, 2022
1 position to fill as soon as possible
Assurance collective complète avec cotisation patronale au régime de retraite.
Paid vacations during the holiday season!
Tous les outils sont fournis par la compagnie
World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come "live Ocean"!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR - Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the foreman, the incumbent will be responsible for performing various tasks such as assisting other trades with their work, performing cleaning, painting and finishing activities, as well as assembling and dismantling scaffolding.
- Assist welder-fitters, mechanics and operators in the performance of their work;
- Oversee the work performed by welder-fitters, mechanics and labourers;
- Perform grinding and painting;
- Perform packaging and protection work on various equipment;
- Perform sponge blasting activities using Sponge-Jet;
- Perform various handling tasks;
- Perform various messenger tasks;
- Perform cleaning tasks;
- Carry out various finishing work;
- Pump tanks;
- Assemble temporary shelters and scaffoldings;
- Perform any other task assigned by foremen;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Valid and unrestricted driver’s license;
- Shipyard experience in the industrial and marine fields (asset);
- Experience in sanding and painting (asset);
- Basic knowledge of welding and mechanics(asset);
- Ease in working at heights, outdoors and in confined spaces;
- Versatile and resourceful;
- Good manual skills;
- Teamwork skills and ability to take on challenges;
- Available to travel with other team members as required by operational needs.
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job – 40 hours per week;
- Workplace at Isle-aux-Coudres;
- Paid vacations during the holiday season;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Access to a bonus program;
- Social club.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Internal reference No.
Other Le Groupe Océan inc.'s offers that may interest you