This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Assurance collective complète avec cotisation patronale au régime de retraite.
Paid vacations during the holiday season!
Tous les outils sont fournis par la compagnie
World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
Reporting to the Head of service – Dispatch, the position holder dispatches ship escort requests for navigation on the St. Lawrence River. He enters all relative information pertaining to requests and navigation needs in the data processing system.
- Receive requests for ship accompaniment;
- Coordinate the assignment of a Captain or pilot boat to ships that request it, based on other ongoing escort operations;
- Answer calls from Captains to assist them in resolving issues that arise, and inform the Manager;
- Receive Captains’ records of operations and enter data into the system;
- Regularly update the distribution table to ensure proper coordination of requests;
- Ensure a watchful eye on naval activities on the St. Lawrence River;
- Make sure you are always aware of the Ocean Captains’ movements and information on the current accompaniments;
- Ensure that phone calls are answered and client requests are taken;
- Collaborate with management on the application of stranding policy when required;
- Ensure the reception and transfer of calls outside of business hours;
- Perform various support tasks to other divisions, such as ordering material;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Diploma in transportation logistics or any other training relevant to the position;
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in transportation logistics;
- Customer service skills and facility to express oneself;
- Bilingual: spoken French and English;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt;
- Enjoy team work;
- Experience in the maritime field (an asset);
- Available to work day, evening, night or weekend rotating shifts according to the schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A full range of benefits;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Free employee assistance program for the whole family;
- Free parking;
- An office located on the waterfront.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. 3707
Other Le Groupe Océan inc.'s offers that may interest you