This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Assurance collective complète avec cotisation patronale au régime de retraite.
Paid vacations during the holiday season!
Tous les outils sont fournis par la compagnie
World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on health, safety, and environmental prevention environmental environment. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come "live Ocean"!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR - Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Captain, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in towing operations on a tug, managing a crew and ensuring the management of the maintenance of the vessel. He will be called upon to work on different sites.
- Implement the Captain's instructions and assist him in the safe operation of the vessel;
- Plan and manage vessel operations;
- Plan vessel maintenance operations;
- Review weather reports and local navigation conditions;
- Determine the geographical position of the tug and its speed using navigation instruments;
- At the request of the Captain, maneuver the tug according to the established route and schedule, and monitor its stability;
- At the request of the Captain, perform vessel maneuvers;
- Participate in and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environmental Management System.
- Certificate Chief Mate, 150 GT, inland navigation;
- Transport Canada medical certificate;
- Certificates of Competency: Basic Safety STCW-BS, Lifeboat and Rescue Boat Operating Skills, Advanced Fire Fighting Skills;
- Restricted Commercial Radio Operator Certificate (RCO-CM);
- Three (3) years experience as a Deck Officer;
- Organizational skills;
- Bilingualism in French and English, oral and written (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club;
- Great geographical environment, in the heart of the Old Port of Québec.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Internal reference No. 3670
Other Le Groupe Océan inc.'s offers that may interest you