This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
About the Company
As part of a team of professionals working together to develop and maintain financial integrity and controls, and to ensure transparency of the company’s finances, the Project Accountant will serve as a liaison between the Finance & Accounting Team and the Project Managers across the regions. The Project Accountant will provide day-to-day project accounting expertise and guidance, ensuring transactions are processed accurately, that all reporting deadlines are met, that budgets are established, and that processes for billing and disbursements are defined in accordance with IFRS standards and revenue recognition policy.
About the Opportunity
- Review, summarize, and understand project related contracts and subcontractor agreements to ensure project set up and change procedures are aligned with contract terms and conditions and that approval guidelines are followed
- Work with Project Managers/Coordinators to create and update projects in NetSuite, including milestones, budgets, rates, and change orders
- Provide accurate and timely cash flow reporting, reconciliations, and projections, and provide analysis against projected cash flows
- Complete monthly Percentage of Completion reporting and analysis; ensure that customer invoicing is completed per the terms of the contract, and that appropriate approval processes are in place for all vendor payments
- Assist with periodic project audits by stakeholders
- Assist the Project teams in preparing monthly reports for client/investor and internal reporting by creating and implementing a robust data management methodology
- Provide interim and year-end support for internal and external auditors, which may include: research, analysis and reconciliations
- Special projects/analyses on an ad hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree along with 5 years of project accounting experience (percentage of completion accounting), preferably in a construction or utility environment
- Ability to correctly identify financial risks and opportunities and produce logical solutions to support a project team
- Strong proficiency in Excel (including pivot tables, scenario analysis, and queries) and other Microsoft Office applications. Experience with NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, or another ERP system is an asset.
- Understanding of procurement, contracts, planning, scheduling and engineering or construction processes and procedures
- Agility and adaptability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking on new tasks or projects, at times with minimal direction.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to be able to work within project teams and to provide regular updates to the Finance &; Accounting Team
- Employ problem-solving skills and analysis, and report problems as necessary
$75,000 - $90,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please note that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats. When referencing this job, quote #27862.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Lannick Group of Companies's offers that may interest you