This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
Company and Position Overview:
Laminacorr Industries is the largest independent manufacturer of corrugated plastics in North America, strategically based inCornwall, Ontario. They are committed to quality products and pride themselves in maintaining exceptional levels of customer service.
Laminacorr is on a rapid growth trajectory and seeking Extrusion Lead Hands to provide leadership to the extrusion team and ensure that production goals are achieved. The main objective of the role is to create a working environment and culture that is committed to productivity, quality, and safety.
What you will do:
- Provide coaching and guidance to a team of approximately seven (three Extrusion Operators, three Assistant Extrusion Operators, and one Grinder) and play an active role in training of new employees.
- Communicate production goals and results to the team.
- Ensure production goals are met by coordinating the team, materials, and equipment.
- Preform daily inspect and or audit of finished products before they are shipped.
- Complete daily shift activity reports and submit to Production Manager.
- Maintain production records and ensure extruder employees are completing records accurately.
- Investigate issues such as machine malfunctions and adjust machine settings as needed.
- Recommend continuous improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of products.
- Monitor and assess employee performance.
- Replace extruder employees if absent.
- Ensure extrusion area is clean and organized.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 12 Hour Rotating Shifts (day shift: 07:30 – 19:30; night shift: 19:30 – 07:30).
- Overtime will be a requirement in order to meet unforeseen scheduling and employee concerns and to respond to equipment malfunctions.
The experience and education/certifications you bring to this role:
- Post Secondary Education, preferably in Business, Management or equivalent experience in a related role.
- Minimum of three (3) years related work experience in a supervisory/lead hand role within a lean or continuous improvement manufacturing/production environment or equivalent.
- Forklift License (required to attain and maintain).
- First Aid Certification preferred (must be willing to attain and maintain).
- Health & Safety Certification preferred (must be willing to attain and maintain).
Our “must haves”:
- A natural ability to lead a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, make decisions and follow though.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and adapt to unforeseen scenarios.
- Ability to maintain accurate and orderly records.
- Strong attention to detail and acute vision and color identification.
- Have excellent math and measurement skills.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Windows, MS Office and Email.
- Full-time employment.
- A family-run workplace with a winning team environment.
- A workplace committed to minimizing environmental impact.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Laminacorr Industries Inc.'s offers that may interest you