At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Are you a talented individual who provides exceptional customer service?
The Audit function office in KPMG is looking for Second Year Staff Accountants to join its dynamic team.
KPMG's Audit practice helps clients manage risk so they can focus on their core businesses. By intimately understanding the client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
What you will do
As a Second Year Staff Accountant, you will learn from some of the most prominent professionals in the sector and develop your personal skills by assuming the following responsibilities:
- Assist on the audit of the clients
- Review the financial statements and related notes.
- Testing Internal Controls
- Perform financial and other systems analysis.
- Perform general accounting tasks to finalize a file if necessary.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients.
As an audit professional, you will strive to deliver an outstanding quality service to represent our firm. You will help clients assess their risks while ensuring transparency through their operations.
A great opportunity to acquire the knowledge and experience that will allow you to progress to a position as a Senior Accountant. You will work on a variety of clients in Information, Consumer Markets, and Entertainment organizations.
What you bring to the role
- Accounting/business diploma.
- Must be enrolled in the CA/CPA program.
- Must have a minimum of 1 completed year of auditing experience with a public accounting firm.
- Proficient knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS)
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Proven ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to both internal and external clients.
- Skilled at developing an understanding of the client businesses, the issues they face, and the markets they operate in.
- Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.