This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Temporary position - 6 months
Jubilant DraxImage, a subsidiary of Jubilant Pharma Holdings Inc, is currently recruiting for an Assistant, Radiation Safety Officer position to join our growing team!
What can we offer?
A culture that values opportunity for professional growth and development,highly competitive base pay, comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs, group retirement savings program, health and wellness programs.
Jubilant DraxImage Inc. is a rapidly growing company with offices in Kirkland, QC and Yardley, PA. A global leader in the development of radiopharmaceuticals and state-of-the-art technologies, we are continuously seeking high caliber professionals to join our team. Jubilant DraxImage is a proud member of the Jubilant Pharma family. For more information, visit www.draximage.com
We will, with the utmost care for the environment and society, continue to enhance value for our customers and stakeholders by providing innovative products and economically efficient solutions’ through growth, cost effectiveness and wise investment of resources.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Jubilant Pharma Holdings Inc and all our subsidiaries proudly embraces diversity in our workforce. Our goal is to have a workforce as diverse as the patients and clients we serve. We have an inclusive environment where our employees can thrive and where our differences are welcomed. By welcoming our differences, we create products that are beneficial for our patients, clients, and overall human health.
Assume shared responsibility with the Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) for the management of the radiation safety program: includes training, conducting internal audits, responding to incidents and situations related to radiation safety, reviewing employee dosimetry, monitoring of environmental controls related to radiation safety, monitoring of our inventory of radioactive materials, ensuring that equipment is calibrated and operational, and ensuring that we comply with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulations as well as other regulations related to radiations safety.
- Shares responsability with the radiation safety officer (RSO) to ensure compliance with Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulations and our CNSC license conditions
- Works with the RSO and transportation personnel to ensures compliance with transportation of dangerous goods regulations related to radioactive material transport Files reports and communicates with CNSC as requested by the RSO
- Responds to and investigates incidents and situations related to radiation safety at JDI
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge base in radiation safety
- Participates in internal audits and other observations to evaluate the effectiveness of our radiation safety program
- Works closely with operational personnel to identify and implement radiation safety-related improvements and corrective actions
- Works closely with operational personnel to ensure that routine radiation safety tasks are performed Is involved in calibration and maintenance of equipment used for radiation safety
- Writes standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to radiation safety
- Participates in employee training on radiation safety
- Reviews proposed new activities related to radiation safety
- Helps document and review employee dosimetry
- Monitors JDI inventory of radioactive materials Monitors environmental controls related to radiation safety and helps ensure related equipment and procedures are effective
- Ensures that our radioactive waste handling procedures are effective in meeting current and future needs
B. Sc. or higher degree in field related to Health Physics
- Excellent communication skills in English and French, with sufficient skill and judgment to ensure effective comprehension, compliance and cooperation by employees regarding radiation safety
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of health physics, including methods for determining radiation fields and personnel dosimetry, methods for calculating shielding requirements and techniques for handling radioactive materials.
- Has the knowledge to quickly and accurately assess situations related to radiation safety and direct appropriate responses, e.g., measure radiation fields, calculate radiation doses, calculate shielding efficacy, manage personnel and area decontamination
- Maintains up-to-date training in radiation safety and related JDI SOPs
- Maintains up-to-date transportation of dangerous goods certificate
- Has or acquires sufficient training and experience to be approved as RSO by the CNSC Is able to respond to emergencies at all times (7 days a week, 24 hours a day)
- Exhibits initiative and can work effectively without supervision
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Fr : Advanced
En : Advanced
Other Jubilant DraxImage inc.'s offers that may interest you