The Director of Logistics, under the direction of the CEO, will primarily be responsible to oversee the dispatch function, equipment, and monitoring service flows. This position will ensure that the correct product and service is delivered to the correct point in a timely manner. This position must have a comprehensive understanding of supply chain management for coordinating effectively and comfortably liaise with the leadership team, suppliers and consumers. They have to be aware of the various external influences on logistics movement.
- Ensure that effective and robust logistics related to security, safety, and regularity employee training programs are implemented.
- Drive and facilitate the organization’s strategy for cultivating a fully engaged logistics workforce.
- Developing quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintaining the order flow of all products and managing the customer delivery chain.
- Managing the sourcing, tracking, and reception of materials.
- Evaluating and reviewing the organization’s logistics operation business practices, updating and developing process documentation, streamlining opportunities, and eliminating the non-value added services.
- Ensure the maintenance of vehicles is upheld
- Handle customer complaints and comments
- Other duties as assigned
Level of education
Work experience (years)
En : Advanced
En : Advanced
- Seven to ten years experience in logistics management and three years’ experience in managing logistics staff
- Post-secondary education in logistics management or related discipline will be considered a distinct advantage.
- Experience in the transportation of bulk material is an asset.
- Strong business acumen for effectively managing the costs and revenues.
- Anticipating market and client opportunities and responding appropriately.
- Self -managing and the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor.
- Effective in building customer relations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Geographical knowledge of major clients, competition, economic trends etc.
- Understanding client needs and anticipating the responds and changes appropriately.
- Ability to persuade clients for accepting reasonable solutions.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficiency in computers
- Accidental death insurance
Accidental death insurance
- Air conditioning
- Commitment to work-life balance
Commitment to work-life balance
- Company discounts
- Company supplied uniform
Company supplied uniform
- Competitive salary
- Deferred profit sharing plan DPSP
Deferred profit sharing plan DPSP
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
Employee assistance program
- Employee referral bonus
Employee referral bonus
- Free parking
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
Long-term disability insurance
- Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
Medical and paramedical expenses coverage
- On-going training
- Performance bonuses
- Professional training and development program
Professional training and development program
- Recognition program
- Registered retirement savings plan
Registered retirement savings plan
- Social activities organized by the company
Social activities organized by the company
- Supplies Personal Protective Equipment
Personal Protective Equipment
- Travel insurance
- Vision care insurance
Vision care insurance
- Wellness program
- Years of service recognition
Years of service recognition
This employer is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Other Joseph Haulage Canada Corp.'s offers that may interest you