What you will do
Service and installation of fire protection systems including wet, dry, pre-action and deluge fire protection piping, valves, and accessories for commercial and industrial applications in compliance with current codes.
How you will do it
- Must be able to coordinate our work with the work of other trades as required.
- Successfully complete projects while exceeding customers' expectations.
- Must adhere to all OSHA and SimplexGrinnell safety policies and procedures to ensure all duties are performed in a safer and professional manner.
What we look for
- Must be a member of the UA 853 local union.
- Secret Security Clearance.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in commercial sprinkler system installation and testing.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy supplies and equipment more than 70 lbs.
- Ability to work in a trench 8 feet below the ground or 100 feet or higher above the floor.
- Perform work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment.
- Ability to use hand and power tools safely.
- Ability to use a variety of tools ranging from pipe wrenches and pipe threading machines to welding equipment and man lifts.
- Required to participate in the on-call rotation schedule.
- May be required to work overtime, including weekends and holidays to respond to emergency situations.
- Must be able to work alternative shifts or work nights.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with employees, employers, customers, and authorities having jurisdiction in English both written and verbally.
- Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State, and local codes.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets Company requirements. Must conform to all Fleet standards.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment security, drug, and background check.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.