This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do
Design Technician II Employees engage in the preparation of detailed Computer Aided Design (CAD) / REVIT drawings to assure the efficient and effective placement of our products and systems.
How you will do it
- Design and layout sprinkler systems using specialized CAD and or REVIT software packages.
- Coordinate sprinkler system piping with other building components. Perform hydraulic calculations.
- Read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards to the design and/or layout of the sprinkler systems based on the building type, construction type, hazard classification and architectural features.
- Perform field check of completed design to verify accuracy.
- Work closely with the district contracting teams to understand the contract with the customer, the scheduling of the design process, and the delivery needs of the installation crew.
- Coordinate deliveries of system materials to the job site to meet the optimum installation start date.
- Follow all job site safety and protocol when performing field checks and attending on site meetings.
What we look for
- Education: High School
- Minimum Experience: 10+ years Fire Protection Design experience
- Ability to solve basic math problems including geometry and algebra
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MSOffice, SprinkCAD, HydraCAD, Revit and a hydraulic calculation program.
- Interpret and apply applicable NFPA standards and NICET II certification for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout preferred.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you