This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do
The basic function of this position is the layout of fire sprinkler system to ensure compliance with applicable codes using NFPA standards and industry practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for Assist Sprinkler Designers in their hardware and software design with REVIT. May track orders of materials selected by designers.
- You will be responsible for provides other administrative tasks for Sprinkler Designers such as RFI and coordination.
- You will be responsible for read and interpret construction documents, including drawings, specifications, and contracts. Learn to design and layout sprinkler systems with REVIT. Follow all job site and safety protocol.
- You will be responsible for exposed to clearly defined problems and/or instructions.
- You will be responsible for the expected to raise issues. Tasks follow set guidelines and procedures.
- You will be required to work on defined tasks or projects under close supervision.
- You will be responsible for managing your own workload, prioritizing tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- You will be responsible for providing information in an articulate and organized manner, following JCI's established processes and procedures.
- You will be responsible for undertaking drafting tasks in order to meet client requirements.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Completion of a Technician Certificate or Technology Diploma or equivalent
- Experience 3-5 years working with Revit
- 2+ years of sprinkler design knowledge or experience
- Travel requirements up to 10%
- Proficiency in various computer programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, MSOffice, HydraCAD, SprinkCAD, etc.
- Demonstrate a mechanical aptitude and visualize 3D concepts
- Ability to quickly learn and become proficient in various computer programs
- Understanding of NFPA 13, 14, 20 25 codes
- Enrollment in NICET for certification for Automatic Sprinkler System Layout
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you