This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do
The Project Manager for our Johnson Controls Intrusion Safety Products group is responsible for managing and coordinating through functional managers, supervisors, and professional staff, delivery and implementation of assigned technical projects within scope, schedule, cost, quality and potential contract limitations, while ensuring total customer satisfaction. The Project Manager manager will complete projects that deliver products comprised of electronic hardware, application software, embedded software, mechanical design, electronic manufacturing and other core deliverables. This position is based in our Concord, ON, facility.
How you will do it
- Interfaces with most internal departments involved in New Product Introduction and may interface with clients, contractors and others outside the company.
- Creates high-level assessments for new projects with minimum detail available. Defines project goals / objectives and ensures communication to team members and stakeholders.
- Creates and executes project plans for the timely delivery (and predictability) of new products. Updates project plans regularly based on progress, shortfalls or course corrections. Manages all assigned projects with complete, accurate and up-to-date project plans. Measures progress throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring cost and time constraints are met and acts to ensure problem resolution, as necessary.
- Facilitates and ensures individual and team roles and responsibilities are understood; provides feedback to functional managers on team members performance.
- Maintains records of all necessary project data including (but not limited to) project budget, schedule, risk assessment, presentations. Establishes project cost data including budget, forecast and spend tracking in relation to the project plan. Communicates any variance in project metrics to team members and stakeholders as necessary.
- Overcomes roadblocks and successfully achieves goals while maintaining a positive team environment.
- Leads functional engineering team members to ensure timely conflict resolution and appropriate direction in alignment with the project plan. Leads the project team to select the most effective and efficient method of achieving project goals.
- Presents project status at phase gate review meetings. Ensures project compliance with the project process.
- Seizes and acts on opportunities to activate new projects as resources become available.
- May participate in contract negotiations with external sources of project resources as necessary. Examples include OEM vendors, design contractors, contract manufacturers.
- May develop business cases with Product Management for recommendation to senior management on technological approaches or business sector focus.
What we look for
- 5+ years Project Management experience managing complex / technical products in development (consisting of hardware, software / firmware, mechanical components) from inception to launch
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience working with Agile methodology and some Waterfall
- PMP certification
- Familiar with intrusion security market products
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you