This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Tyco Security Products designs, manufactures and markets intrusion and access video security products for a global security market for both commercial and residential markets. It has 2,000 employees who are located in R&D engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and sales facilities in N. Ireland, UK, Italy, U.S., Canada, India and China. We have globally recognized brands and quality security products to protect people and property.
We are currently looking for a Plant Materials Manager to join our team in Toronto, ON.
Key measure responsibilities for Delivery Performance, Inventory, JCMS Material Control Principle advances, Supplier Planning and Performance Management, Inventory Control, Staffing for Salary and Indirect Materials team members, People Development and Profit Planning / Budgeting. Responsible to implement tools and processes that improve operating efficiencies and reduce cost within plant and supporting supply chains.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Scheduling, Planning and Customer Delivery
a) Lead scheduling activities, including development of the master production schedule, monitor and report on the accuracy of production plans and schedules.
b) Manage daily support of production needs such as expediting material, setting priorities and addressing supply issues to facilitate speedy availability for Raw Material, and eventually Finished Goods to meet customer demands.
c) Ensures that on-time delivery is tracked and goals are met while supporting operation to manage at lowest possible cost and inventory.
d) Collaborate with Supply Planning Manager to manage capacity requirements planning.
e) Collaborate with Procurement to support material cost reduction goals for purchased parts.
f) Collaborate with Procurement in planning components and raw material from approved suppliers, including management of consignment and blanket PO programs.
2. Inventory Management:
a) Lead inventory control & planning activities including the coordination of:
cycle counts and physical inventories
Receiving, Warehousing, and Shipping activities
b) Manage the identification and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
c) Coordinate scheduling and inventory movement for all outside processing inventory locations.
d) Maintain inventory at lowest possible level while ensuring efficient operational processes and maintain customer delivery expectations.
e) Manage inventory forecasting and report on variances.
3. Warehouse and Logistics
a) Manage transportation activities for both inbound and outbound freight according to Logistics approved carriers and Financial policies and guidelines.
b) Responsible to ensure all warehouse operations have proper material handling equipment and resources to complete tasks on schedule and safely.
c) Coordinate with Supplier Quality group to set-up and maintain vendor quality acceptance processes.
d) Collaborate with Logistics for new carrier selections and contracts.
4. Systems and Reporting
a) Maintain department KPIs in accordance with JCI established targets while maintaining quality at the lowest possible cost:
On time delivery
Gross Inventory and Inventory Days On Hand
5. JCMS (Johnson Controls Manufacturing System)
a) Perform role of Plant Principle Champion for Material Control Principle
b) Develop training and implementation plans for processes within maturity levels in accordance with plant objectives.
c) Ensure key JCMS material processes (as outlined in point #4) are implemented.
6. Develop budget and manpower requirements for Inventory Control, Warehouse/Shipping/Receiving, Purchasing and Scheduling groups within the plant.
7. Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all departments.
8. Operates within budget and contributes to the overall reduction of overhead and expenses.
9. Responsible for leading projects related to Continuous Improvement and Cost reduction efforts in accordance with Plant Management goals.
10. May be required to travel 20% of the time.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
• This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field of study with four (4) to six (6) years experience in a warehouse, manufacturing or production area with material management experience.
• Normal mechanical and analytical ability is a must.
• Must be able to analyze and interpret complex technical procedures, business periodicals, and journals as well as write reports and procedure manuals.
• In the absence of a 4-year degree in an appropriate field of study, this position requires an additional ten (10) years of related experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
• Extended knowledge of MRP and ERP experience.
• Experience with inventory forecasting, developing master production schedules, and reducing scheduling variances preferred.
• APICS Certification in CPIM, CSCP OR CLTD Preferred.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
No phone calls or agencies please.
We welcome diversity in our workplace and encourage applications from all qualified women and men, including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal Canadians.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you