This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do:
Under general supervision, conducts preventive maintenance, repair, installation, and commissioning and general servicing of HVAC Automation Systems (including detailed troubleshooting of systems).
Responsible for high levels of customer satisfaction through direct, on site, customer interface.
Mentors mechanical technicians on building automation activities.
Properly completes required project and service documentation.
How you will do it
- Diagnoses and repairs complex electronic control system malfunction's requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems and ability to test and write modifications in multiple languages of systems software.
- Provides sketches of field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction. Meets regularly with customer to become familiar with operating problems. Keeps customer informed on the nature of service provided outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, and or repairs. Promotes the sale of add-on work.
- Manages assigned work to meet professional execution, of time and customer satisfaction. Reports problems or changes to management immediately. Interfaces with branch manager, service manager, service project manager or subcontractors on projects to coordinate activities as required in an ethical and professional manner.
- Adheres to all Johnson Controls and customer safety standards. Provides safety awareness on work sites.
- May provide training to customers on electronic control systems operations. Delivers manuals and documentation to the customer for training needs as required. Mentors and trains mechanical workforce on building automation systems. Provides support to the mechanical staff on non-complex, non-critical equipment.
- Compiles job documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists.
- Conducts extensive self study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines. Completes certifications as required by the company
What we look for:
- Vocational School four year program or an Associate degree in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, air conditioning or similar field plus three years of industry experience or five years experience in servicing electronic and/or mechanical systems in the HVAC industry.
- Generally required knowledge includes HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques.
- Effective interpersonal skills to properly represent Johnson Controls to customers and other outside contacts in an ethical and professional manner.
- Ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- Leadership skills to support the activities of Mechanics working on non-complex, non-critical Building Automation equipment on a job site.
- PC experience required and the ability to program HVAC
- Bilingual English and French
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you