This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do
At Johnson Controls, we’re shaping the future to create a world that’s safe, comfortable, and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions making the people, facilities, and assets safe with our industry-leading security solutions. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works, and plays. This is an exciting opportunity to develop the next generation of AI-driven security solutions.
Your role will have a large impact, as the technology you develop will be used to protect people, facilities, and assets, at scale - around the world. Which is pretty world-changing!
You will be working with a talented team of architects, scientists, product managers, UI/UXD specialists, Software, Hardware, and QA engineers.
Our teams are spread across several locations including Boston MA, Indianapolis IL, Belfast UK, Tel-Aviv Israel, Bangalore & Delhi India, Montreal Canada, Boca Raton FL, and Los Angeles CA. (we have some flexibility on location)
You will be using the latest cutting-edge technologies to power next-generation Access Control and Video solutions.
Our market-leading brands include Tyco AI, American Dynamics, Cloudvue, Illustra, Exacq, Software House, Kantech, Innometriks, and CEM.
We are investing heavily for growth so looking for change agents with big bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mindset, and a highly collaborative working style. This might just be THE impactful role you have been looking for!
Do you have a solid background with Angular? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your technical leadership in the development and on-time delivery of high-quality applications? Then keep reading!
Kantech designs, markets and supports integrated access control technologies that are reliable, easy to install and easily scalable. Kantech Access Control solutions play a pivotal role in JCI’s security portfolio and we will be looking for a candidate to help continue the product’s momentum while helping define the future.
How you will do it
- Demonstrate ownership and strong teamwork as a member of an agile cross-functional development team producing working software.
- Implement visual controls enabling user interactions within applications based on UI wireframes and mockups.
- Contribute to the adoption of Agile, Lean and DevOps best practices to improve delivery performance translating to enhanced customer satisfaction and healthier work environment.
- Scope, estimate and contribute to the design of highly scalable and fault-tolerant software.
- Code, test and deliver applications to meet business and architectural requirements.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related discipline.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with strong problem solving abilities.
- Highly proficient with Angular, TypeScript, SCSS or Less, and HTML.
- Experience using RESTful APIs.
- Professional working language proficiency (English and French).
- Experience with Redux, NGRX and Flexbox.
- Experience with distributed source control tools such as git.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Experience with responsive web design (RWD).
- Backend development experience with Java, micro-services and/or databases is highly valuable.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you