This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
What you will do
Under direct supervision and using established standards, responsible for hardware designs and software programming for HVAC control systems to meet the intent of the project requirements. Provides detailed information and submittals to communicate design and operation to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls field installation team and subcontractors. Responds to basic warranty calls.
How you will do it
• Selects hardware designs from standard design library for flow diagrams, sequence of operations, bill of material, network layouts and electrical schematics as required.
• Performs software programming using established standards as a basis of design.
• Coordinates the creation of necessary drawings and equipment schedules for submittals and installation.
• Selects, orders, and tracks the delivery of materials for assigned projects. Coordinates factory-mounting processes to meet factory and project schedule.
• Assists in the loading and commissioning of all system and network-level controllers as required. Assists in validation of complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation.
• Gathers field changes from the project team and creates as-built drawings and software. Prepares proper documentation and/or manuals for system operation.
• Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
• Assists in performing site-specific training for owner/operator on the total system.
• Completes paperwork including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
• Adheres to safety standards. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
What we look for
Demonstrated knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and control systems.
Demonstrated technical aptitude.
Demonstrated advanced computer skills required, particularly computer-related drafting tools.
A Minimum of two (2) years of experience with installing and/or commissioning controls systems including system-level controllers & at least two (2) years’ experience in HVAC controls hardware desired.
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and, in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). When requested, accommodations will be provided throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. To request an accommodation please click here. Information you provide relating to accommodation measures will be handled confidentially. A copy of Johnson Controls’ applicable AODA policies are available on the Company website for your reference, and can be made available in accessible formats upon request.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Johnson Controls's offers that may interest you