This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Founded in 1882,
J. D. Irving, Limited
is a large diversified enterprise based in Saint John, New Brunswick with a team of over 16,000 (FTE) in Canada, the United States, and select international jurisdictions. Our operations span the forestry, transportation, retail, shipbuilding, food & agriculture, consumer products, and construction industries.
This ShiftSupervisor position has the potential to become part of the mill Leadership Team. TheShift Supervisor will gain experience in both the Sawmill and the Planermill setting as required by the business.
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree, preferably in a technical, mechanical, or forestry related discipline
- Years of Experience Required: 4-7 years of supervisory experience in a production environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed to top performance in a safe work environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Available to work flexible hours
- Ensuring quality, safety and environmental standards are being met
- Performance management for a production team of 16-20 employees
- Training and development for team members
- Scheduling personnel, submitting weekly payroll, and generating daily reports
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Divisionis committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Nov 26, 2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you