This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
SENIOR DIRECTOR, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
The Sr. Director of Business Development leads the strategic customer management for all divisions of Loblaw, Inc. including Discount, Market, and SDM. The position is responsible for negotiating and managing multi-year contracts and driving profitable volume to achieve sales targets. The Sr. Director will lead the LCL team and internal stakeholders to develop a 3-year and 1-year strategic account plan (SAP) to deliver gross sales, gross profit, net revenue, trade spend, and sales KPIs. The position will lead the LCL JBP process for Tissue, Diapers, and Cavendish Farms, and will work cross-functionally with sales planning, category and shopper development, sales finance, marketing and supply chain to identify incremental growth opportunities and joint initiatives. A successful leader will expand customer wiring and influence by penetrating multiple levels and functions within the LCL/SDM organization.
The leader will advance strategic initiatives in the areas of revenue growth management, customer facing supply chain, online grocery, Loblaw Media, private brand management, and joint brand building. A clear understanding of category and shopper insights and the 5P principles for traditional retail and online is essential. A successful director is highly collaborative with great attention to detail and will have a proven track record in achieving sales results. The director will set objectives for the team and successfully advance the skills and competencies of team members.
Strategic Account Planning and Execution Planning:
- Oversee and aggregate the LCL division plans into a master LCL Strategic Account Plan (SAP)
- Lead the LCL Joint Business Plan (JBP) process for Tissue, Diapers, and Cavendish Farms
- Engage and collaborate with CSD, Marketing, Product Managers, and Supply Chain resources in SAP/JBP plan development and execution
- Develop a 3 year LCL SAP plan which includes multi-year initiatives to advance the partnership
- Integrate category leadership plan (CLP) initiatives, brand plan objectives, and playbook principles in SAP plan
- Solicit customer priorities and mandates to ensure Irving priorities are in presented through the customer lens
- Oversee and ensure promotional plan development by division align with customer and Irving objectives
- Deliver annual volume and GP targets
- Achieve 5P objectives and goals
- Track SAP plan progress and conduct periodic reviews with the customer and ICP cross-functional resources to adjust and revise the plan to meet market conditions
- Develops sustainable partnerships by influencing and penetrating multiple levels and functions within the customer’s organization
- Proactively identifies growth opportunities and business optimization initiatives to deliver topline and bottom-line value to the customer and Irving
- Orchestrate cross-functional engagements and meetings to advance the partnership
- Successfully presents plans and negotiates terms to achieve desired results
- Communicates clearly and persuasively so information is understood and driven to action
- Oversees customer P&Ls to achieve volume and GP goals
- Ensures accurate forecasting inputs to sales planning & operations
- Accountable for accurate volume and trade spend information in the PTP system
- Develops and submits period end results and business implications
- Identifies and oversees revenue growth management improvement opportunities
- Manages cross-functional customer initiatives and tasks to ensure accuracy and on time
- Communicates customer issues and opportunities accurately and swiftly
- Communicates market and competitive intelligence to sales leadership and marketing
- Proactively provide direction and review results with the retail team, as applicable
Team Leadership and Development:
- Lead a high performing team by creating positive employee experiences
- Identify professional development opportunities and execute enrichment activities
- Provide timely feedback and active coaching
- University/Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of sales experience with a consumer-packaged goods organization
- 5+ years sales experience managing LCLyears sales experience managing LCL
- Established network and relationships within the LCL organization
- Prior experience leading and managing people is required
- Proven track record of successful sales results and capability building required
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Dec 18, 2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you