This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT LEADER
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
J.D. Irving, Limited is currently seeking motivated individuals for a
Process Improvement Leader, reporting to the Director, Continuous Improvement, andlocated in our head office inSaint John, New Brunswick.
As a key resource to the Corporate Continuous Improvementteam, the successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism, accuracy, and detail. In this position, you will work with the various key stakeholders in our businessesas required.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant quantitative field required, advanced degree preferred in analytical field (e.g. Statistics, Economics, Applied Math, Operations Research, other Data Science fields)
- 3+ years of experience in leveraging data science and analytics to solve business problems
- Experience with helping the business define their business problem, create solutions to address it, plan and execute the implementation
- Intellectual, curious, and self-driven in understanding business domains and their data
- Advanced knowledge in quantitative methods for business and advance data science methods
- Experience with Agile is preferred
- Experience in practical data processing working with large scale datasets and Big Data environment, data mining, text curation and information retrieval tasks
- Experience across broad range of modern data science and analytics tools (e.g., R, SQL, STATA, Python, Process Mining, RPA)
- Proficiency in analytics/visualization/automation tools including Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, process mining, and similar tools required
- Ability to work in large and medium sized project teams, as a self-directed contributor with a proven track record of being detail orientated, creative, and strategic
- Ability to convey complex information in an understandable, compelling, and persuasive manner at all levels
- Proven track record of innovation, ingenuity, ownership and willingness to seek and take on challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Serve as a data and/or analytic resource for initiative-based teams
- Contribute to continuously improving the analytics training component of Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Synthesize analytical findings for consumption by the teams and senior executives
- Articulate analytical findings in clear and concise deliverables, including presentations, discussions, and visualizations
Plan and execute analytical work, individually and with the team, working with large scale datasets
- Research, develop, and implement new methods of measuring and analyzing data sets and processes
- Explore and characterize data available to business units/teams
- Interpret larger organizational needs and design algorithmic solutions that will drive intended business outputs
- Facilitate analytics components of training offered by Continuous Improvement team
What We Offer:
As a valued member of our team, you have the opportunity of a multitude of career paths across a number of diverse industries, all while building your skills with the organization. We offer a competitive benefit and salary package, and continuous training and development opportunities. Our head office location offers an employee fitness facility, as well as a café and parking garage.
To apply for this career opportunity please apply online!
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
- Posting Date: Dec 8, 2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you