This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Manager, Category and Shopper Development
The CSD Manager will be responsible for accelerating category and Irving growth by leveraging category/shopper insights and category management best practices. A successful CSD manager will build strong, collaborative relationships at the customer and will be viewed as an invaluable category advisor. Key responsibilities include category/shopper thought leadership plans, 5P best practice execution for bricks and mortar and online, standardized and ad hoc reporting, analytics, business reviews and collaborative category planning. The CSD manager will create and deliver persuasive insight-led selling stories which link to the retailer’s objectives and strategies - resulting in business wins.
Manage category leadership functions for assigned customers
- Be the expert in the retailer’s objectives, strategies, and most valuable shopper
- Establish strong, multi-functional working relationships with the customer based on mutual trust and integrity
- Lead category and shopper discussions with customer
- Develops and delivers insight-led customer presentations
- Present strategic and tactical recommendations on the 5Ps to improve category and brand performance
- Lead and implement strategic category management initiatives which deliver tangible wins
- Lead joint business planning (JBP) analytics, as requested
- Assist Director of Business Development on sales calls
- Proactively develops brand and category analytics for the customer team
- Generates most valuable shopper analytics and insights utilizing customer data, syndicated data, and other research
- Identifies business growth opportunities
- Develops insight-led responses to competitive actions to achieve favorable outcomes
CLP & 5P best practices deployment
- Understands a customer's 5P strategy by format for bricks and mortar and online, and how to influence category and brand decisions
- Achieves brand plan, playbook principles, and market share objectives at the customer utilizing insights, market data, and customer data
- Customizes CLP and 5P playbook to the customer and their shopper target
- Manages 5P tactic mix improve profitability and achieve financial targets
- Leads category management planning utilizing the 8-step process and best practices
Strategic Account Planning (SAP)
- Co-leads strategic account planning (SAP) process with the Business Development Director, identifying customer growth objectives and business solutions that unite retailer and Irving strategies
- Develops assortment, merchandising, pricing, promotion tactics and plans
- Collaborates with account directors and shopper marketing manager to deliver an implementation calendar for category leadership plan (CLP) activation
- Supports new item plans from a category perspective
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Marketing or related field
- Minimum 3 years of Category Management, Sales, or Trade Marketing experience
- Consumer Packaged Goods experience is preferred
Technical, Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong technical skills (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Tableau, JDA)
- Experienced in Nielsen, IRI, and other syndicated services
- Knowledge of retailer data platforms a plus (i.e. Precima, IRI Sobeys, RetailLink)
- 5P solutions development experience for bricks and mortar and online
- Ability to apply critical thinking to facilitate, develop and implement comprehensive strategic business plans that will deliver results
- Ability to understand, interpret, and synthesize syndicated data and custom research
- Storyboarding and presentation development skills
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by December 30th, 2020.
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, clickhere.
Irving Consumer Products Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Jan 6, 2021
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you