This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Midland Transport Limited has become a leader in the transportation industry by providing superior quality service to our customers. Our services include LTL, T/L, Courier Services, and Third Party Logistics/ Brokerage which provide the convenience of one-stop shipping.
Midland Transport is currently seeking aDispatcher based out of the Montreal Temp Facility Terminal, QC location. The selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and a ''Can Do'' attitude.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 11h30 - 20h00
- Education Required: Trade Certification or Associate’s Degree preferred but not required
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5 years of dispatch experience in a transportation environment
- Ability to multi-task and willingness to learn
- Can-Do attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Solid interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
- AS400 knowledge an asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision under pressure and time constraints in a stressful environment
- Must be bilingual (French- English)
- Day-to-day communication, via phone and handheld, with an assigned fleet of drivers to ensure proper load instructions are passed along and carried out
- Line up loads to ensure the best time efficiency and load factor
- Manage service concerns, as required, to limit exposure and minimize impact to the customer
- Coordinate maintenance to city tractors and trailers
- Assist other dispatch staff as required during spikes in workload
- Assist other dispatch staff as required by preparing and analyzing various reports as required
- Provide Drivers with the right information and equipment in order to make the entire customer experience positive from start to finish
We appreciate your interest in our company!Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Midland Transport Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
- Posting Date: Jun 9, 2020
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you