This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply
CSC DEPUTY PROJECT DIRECTOR, BUILD
Irving Shipbuilding Inc., located at 3099 Barrington Street Halifax NS B3K 5M7, is part of the J.D. Irving Group of companies and is in the business of building quality ships and repairing vessels. The company’s primary site is Halifax Shipyard, with three other locations in the Maritime Provinces. Irving Shipbuilding is currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence.
This is a permanent full-time staff role based in Halifax, NS.
- Serve as the primary point of contract between ISI Project Management and the Combat Systems Integrator
- Provide overall accountability for Subcontractor performance and relationship
- Serve as the lead interface between ISI Project Management and the ISI Combat Systems team
- Work alongside the CSC project leadership team to align the various functional teams that come together to deliver the CSC Project
- Manage and monitor assigned areas of the project to ensure their completion within budget, to schedule and in compliance with the project and quality requirements
- Supervise their section of the project management organization to ensure all aspects of the work are progressing satisfactorily
- Support development and implementation of program strategy and plans
- Manage assigned deliverables including Definition Contract plans and reports including review of subcontractor deliverables
- Conduct and convene progress meetings internally including production of progress reports
- Support the development of processes and procedures related to CSC project management
- Participate in Integrated Product Teams in support of development of the CSC design
- Participate in negotiations with vendors
- Support change management associated with CSC project management area of responsibility
- Address risk items relating to the CSC Project including identification and risk mitigation planning
- Support a culture of teamwork, enthusiasm and proactive behavior within the Project Management Team
- Be a role model for professional behavior
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree
- Masters of Business Administration preferred
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
What We Offer:
- Irving Shipbuilding is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
For further details, please contact Aimee Wragg at:
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online by _____.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Irving Shipbuilding Inc. is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other J.D. Irving Limited's offers that may interest you