IPEX is one of the North American leading providers of advanced plastic piping systems. Our mission is to shape a better tomorrow by connecting people with water and energy.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Manufacturing Excellence Manager. This role is based in our Saint-Joseph plant and reports to the Plant Manager.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a diverse group of people-centric professionals, leaders with vision and rapid problem solvers, entrepreneurs in spirit and status quo-fighters!
Develop Operational Excellence initiatives in our Extrusion plant, driving the Divisional KPI’s, leading and supporting projects to achieve optimum potential of staff, systems, equipment, machines & site operations.
Health, Safety & Environment / Quality
- Ensure a Safety-first culture and support Aliaxis Divisional & Global Safety Standards
- Support the implementation of the Divisional HS&E strategy, ensure site accountability and report progress, events and initiatives to Plant Management and Divisional Leadership.
- Contribute and support in developing a divisional organization structure to deliver Manufacturing Excellence across the region ensuring alignment, discipline and financial targets are achieved.
- Contribute and support the businesses to deliver against the manufacturing excellence KPIs, including developing tools to track and verify critical metrics.
- Conducts site preparation, performs site audits and sustainability checks.
- Support the day-to-day plant operations with problem solving, root cause analysis, and solutions implementation to address operational issues.
- Contribute to the development of Best Place to Work objective.
- Ensure that Group organizational standards for management for Health and Safety, Quality, ISO 14001, Corporate Policy, Customer Excellence and business values are adhered to during project delivery.
- Responsible for implementing manufacturing excellence goals and execution plant wide to achieve performance, financial and staff development objectives.
- Facilitates, assists, and develops shop floor excellence operations and removes barriers for employees to meet measurable objectives.
- Deploys and participates in Gemba walks and mentoring employees on 5S/standard work/visual management development/modification/alignment, M.D.I., continuous improvement, flow, and problem solving and other lean methods, techniques, and processes.
- Attends to individual approaches to help champion a culture of change leadership
- Participate in the training and development of plant employees in excellence Program.
- Support planning, execution and sustainment of Kaizen and Lean manufacturing related events within value stream team(s).
- Track and report program progress and communicate with plant leadership.