This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job title :SHIPPER / RECEIVER
Facility :ELK VALLEY HOSPITAL
Elk Valley Hospital is looking for a Casual Shipper/Receiver to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, and have one year's recent related experience....Apply today!
As a team player you will perform receiving and stores duties, such as unpacking, checking, distributing and storing stock.
Typical Duties Include:
• Ensures departments are stocked with equipment; delivering items to appropriate departments as required;
• Orders non-stock and stock supplies as per levels established by regionalized stores department;
• Receives, unpacks and checks all non-stock materials;
• Assists with uncrating and stocking shelves;
• Assembles, issues, delivers and ships supplies/goods from requisition requests;
• Identifies and returns damaged or spoiled goods to suppliers;
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 09:00 to 13:40
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12, plus
• 1 year’s recent related experience
• Equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to organize work.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Interior Health Authority's offers that may interest you