Job title :PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE LEADER - PHARMACY
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT FULL TIME
We are seeking a permanent full time Professional Practice Leader-Pharmacy to join our Kelowna General Hospital Pharmacy Team; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
The Professional Practice Leader is accountable for the administration, supervision, planning and budgeting of the Pharmacy department. As the successful applicant, you will report to the Manager for administrative matters and will advise on budgets, workload, labour relations and personnel. You will also be responsible for interpreting and implementing all institutional and College of Pharmacists of BC regulations, policies and procedures as they apply to Pharmacy. You will be responsible for ensuring that standards for Pharmacy are consistent with regulatory, accrediting body standards and relevant legislation as well as provide clinical guidance to the Pharmacy staff practicing in the hospital in advancing pharmaceutical care.
This is an opportunity to support departmental and regional pharmacy initiatives through collaboration with local and regional pharmacy leaders, physicians, and nursing leaders to achieve overall goals and objectives.
• Caring for every patient through appropriate, timely, and safe medication management.
• Leadership committed to appropriate medication management and service excellence to our patients and health care teams.
• Communication, teamwork, integrity, quality, continuous improvement, and respect.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills.
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists.
• Continuous educational opportunities.
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care.
• 100 percent employer paid comprehensive benefits’ package and pension plan.
• Excellent vacation entitlement.
• Relocation Allowance.
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Graduate of a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized College of Pharmacy
• Current registration with the College of Pharmacists of BC
• Successful completion of Departmental Management Program Certificate CHA or HDM or equivalent course.
• Minimum of five years hospital pharmacy experience and two years’ related management experience.