Job title :PHARMACY ASSISTANT
Facility :ROYAL INLAND HOSPITAL
The Royal Inland Pharmacy department in Kamloops, B.C. is looking for a casual Pharmacy Assistant to join their passionate and energetic team!
As the Pharmacy Assistant you will work in accordance with established vision and values of the organization and under the close supervision of a Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician to assist with various aspects of the Pharmacy Department Operations. This includes packaging and distribution of unit dose medications, as well as specified inventory control and statistical reporting activities and other related clerical functions.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Answers telephones, responding to routine inquiries, re-directing calls and/or taking messages in accordance with the established procedures. Performs other related clerical functions.
• Attends to the dispensary counter, providing general information and direction, issuing completed medication orders (excluding outpatient orders such as Chemotherapy, Home IV, etc.) in accordance with established procedures.
• Picks interim dose medications for inspection by the Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician.
• Assembles medications for Centralized Intravenous Admixture (CIVA) preparation by performing duties such as gathering medications and supplies in accordance with established procedures.
• Porters interim doses and unit dose cart exchanges to the Nursing Units, returning any unused medications to Pharmacy.
• Fills requisitions for and delivers wardstock medications to Nursing Units in accordance with established procedures; maintains records of all transactions.
• Pre-packages unit dose medications by operating the Automatic Tablet Counting/Packaging Machine. Cleans and maintains the Automatic Tablet Counting machine by refilling tablet canisters, replacing printer ribbons and replenishing paper supplies as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Casual shift coverage may be needed for any time between 0700-2300 hours, seven days per week.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Completion of Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Pharmacy Assistant Course, plus one year recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to type.
• Ability to organize work.