Job title :PHARMACIST
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
We are seeking casual Pharmacists to join our Vernon Jubilee Hospital (VJH) Pharmacy Team; someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career.
Located in Vernon, between Kelowna and Kamloops, Vernon Jubilee Hospital offers services including core physician specialties, 24 hour emergency and trauma services, acute and obstetrical care. VJH is responsible for providing core medical and surgical specialty services to patients throughout its service area and has an operating capacity of 182 acute beds. VJH Pharmacy is also a B.C. Cancer Oncology Network site providing outpatient oncology pharmacy services to patients in the North Okanagan.
As a staff Pharmacist you will provide distribution pharmacy services by performing duties such as:
• Interpreting medication orders/prescriptions, assessing prescriptions for therapeutic suitability and ensuring that medications are efficiently and accurately dispensed and/or compounded, labeled and that dispensing records are complete.
• Communicate with physicians, patients, and/or other health care team members for prescription clarification and problem resolution.
• Provide instructions on proper use/administration, storage and/or disposal, and possible side effects of prescribed and self-selected medications.
• Participate in the collection of data for medication use evaluation projects; implementation of dispensary based medication safety initiatives, and quality control activities.
• Contributes to internal publications and participates in clinical drug trials in accordance with established standards and procedures.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication! At Interior Health we provide room-to-grow and the opportunity to make a significant, personal contribution to the lives of others. If you seek the peace and tranquility of rural living, you’ll find it within the beautiful, natural setting of the Interior of British Columbia!
Shift types are days, evenings and shifts are from 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00 hours. This is a casual opportunity so hours are not guaranteed but will fall between 0 and 37.5 hours per week.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Current registration as a Pharmacist with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.