This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job title :PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK / CASHIER
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a Casual Patient Registration Clerk / Cashier. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating three year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to receiving and registering of patients and cashier functions such as:
• Patient registration;
• Identifies bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments for a variety of patient bills and sundry accounts, recording payments in cash journals and summary sheets, and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping, returns valuables and maintains related records;
• Clerical duties - typing, compiling and distributing various documents/lists/schedules, completing data entry for pre-admissions, admissions, discharges, and transfers;
• Receives patients/visitors and directs to appropriate areas;
• Processes requests for patient telephone system, setting up phone and payment plan;
• Performs other related duties as required.
Hours of work: Rotating - 07:00 to 15:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 09:00 to 14:00, 10:00 to 18:00,
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Interior Health Authority's offers that may interest you