This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Job title :MEDICAL STUDENT IMMUNIZER
Facility :ROCKY MOUNTAIN LODGE
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, and under Regulatory Supervision of a registrant who is authorized under a health profession regulation, and competent, to perform Immunization Activity, in response to COVID-19 pandemic and in collaboration with Interior Health established processes and procedures for Mass-Immunization Clinics, provides predetermined immunization(s) to children and adults in various mass-immunization community settings. Community settings can include schools, non-health unit locations and/or designated on-site clinics. Targeted immunization programs are defined as immunization clinics set up for the purpose of delivering a specific predetermined immunization(s) to a defined group of people.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Client assessment, screening and obtaining informed consent.
2. COVID-19 vaccine preparation and administration in accordance with established guidelines.
3. Counsels clients with regard to ''after care'' and possible adverse events.
4. Completes required documentation including data collection.
5. Post immunization monitoring and management of adverse outcomes.
6. Maintains vaccine cold chain and appropriate disposal of sharps.
7. Assists with set up and dismantling of clinic.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Active student enrollment in a recognized and accredited Doctor of Medicine program.
• Current registration as a Medical Student with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.
• Completion of the requisite foundational knowledge obtained in their educational program related to intramuscular injections, immunization basics, and medication principles to participate in clinical roles in vaccination clinics.
• Completion of BCCDC COVID-19 Immunization Webinars (PHSA Learning Hub course # 24764) and Anaphylaxis: Initial and Emergency Treatment (PHSA Learning Hub course # 19708).
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to organize assigned workload and set priorities.
Ability to deal effectively with a variety of internal and external contacts including co-workers, physicians, community agency representatives, patients/clients, and families.
Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
*** Travel is a requirement for this position and transportation arrangements must meet the Employer’s requirements. You are required to hold a valid BC Driver’s License and may be required to drive a personal car on mileage and/or be assigned a fleet vehicle as a condition of employment. ***
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Interior Health Authority's offers that may interest you