Job title :COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER, PENTICTON B.C.
Facility :PENTICTON HEALTH CENTRE
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.66 FTE)
We are currently seeking a Permanent Part Time Community Health Worker to join our team in Penticton Home Support.
Are you dedicated to delivering patient-centered care? Are you looking for a flexible work schedule? If the answer is 'yes' then we want to hear from you!
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
The Shift Types for this position are rotating days, with the hours of work being 13:30 to 22:00 or 16:00 to 22;00 for a total of 49.5 biweekly hours.
Typical duties include:
• Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
• Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
• Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
• Assistance with mobility and transfers
• Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
• Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
The successful applicant of a permanent posting will be eligible for our full comprehensive benefits plan including medical and dental coverage, group life and disability insurance, paid sick and vacation time and an excellent pension!
Please note that the Relocation Allowance Program could be offered for this position. Relocation allowance is applicable to qualified candidates, who are required to relocate more than 40 km from their current work location, as a result of recruitment to a permanent vacancy.
If you are looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work while joining a great team, the Penticton Health Centre is the place for you. Apply today!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
• BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
• Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle (for CHW only)
*Along with a copy of your CV (or resume) please provide a copy of your certificate.*
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.