Job title :CLINICAL PHARMACIST
Facility :KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Have you completed a Hospital Pharmacy Residency program and licensure with the College of Pharmacists of BC? Are you looking to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance your career? If so, we have a wonderful casual opportunity for you!
We are seeking casual Clinical Pharmacists to join our Kelowna General Hospital Pharmacy Team. We are looking for someone who wishes to work at the leading edge of healthcare and advance their career!
As the Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmacy services to patients in the acute care and long-term care environment. As a member of a multidisciplinary team, you will assess and recommend individualized treatments and act as the primary resource for drug information, education and provide expert advice to health care professionals. Added responsibility is monitoring drug prescribing, drug distribution and drug therapy to ensure safe, effective, rational, legal and economic use of drugs.
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will provide pharmaceutical care by:
• Identifying and assisting in the resolution of drug therapy problems. Consulting with physicians concerning problems such as drug dosage, allergy, incompatibility, interaction and efficacy; offers alternatives and obtains clarification for all questionable orders.
• Consulting with members of the health care team to develop patient-specific therapeutic plans based on chart review, patient information and assessment of clinical responses.
• Conducting drug usage evaluation (DUE) in acute or long-term care patients based on established criteria and standards.
• In concert with the health care team, developing and implementing pre-printed orders, standards, therapeutic guidelines, policies and procedures for surgical patients.
• Conducting patient counselling and patient education regarding drug therapy.
• Making written contributions, based on appropriate literature review, to drug information resources (e.g. I.V. manual) and the department newsletter as required.
• Providing work direction to pharmacy assistants in service activities including checking of work performed by pharmacy assistants.
• Providing instruction and supervision to students such as University Pharmacy undergraduates.
• Maintaining professional competence and expertise in the pharmaceutical profession through the on-going review of current pharmacy and medical literature, attendance at in-service or other educational programs as well as through contact with peer professionals.
• A work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical pharmacy skills
• Access to many clinical resources, including clinical pharmacy specialist support for all pharmacists
• Continuous educational opportunities
• Interdisciplinary environments where patients are at the centre of care
• A balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
This is a casual opportunity. Casual employment includes: short-notice, on-call availability; workload coverage during a temporary absences; and/or providing relief coverage in a specific position. Once hired into a casual role, employees are eligible to apply for internal postings including permanent part-time or full time positions.
Shift types are days, evenings and nights and shift times rotate from 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 11:00 to 19:00, 13:00 to 21:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 23:00 to 07:00 hours.
Join our team as we build clinical pharmacy practice across Interior Health through innovation, progression, and dedication!
Education, Training & Experience
• Current licensure with the College of Pharmacists of British Columbia.
• Completion of a Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program or a combination of at least one year of hospital experience and advanced education courses.
• Active membership in the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists is encouraged.