This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Do you have experience as a Law Clerk in Commercial Litigation? Have you worked with IPRO Eclipse or e-discovery before? Are you familiar with the Sedona principles? If you answered yes to 2 or more of the questions, then this role might be for you!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client in a medium-large sized leading regional law firm of 60 staff members looking to hire a talented and qualified Commercial Litigation Law Clerk to join their growing team.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The successful candidate will be working alongside lawyers and legal staff that are distinguished in their fields in leading regional firm that offers excellent benefits. As a Commercial Litigation Law Clerk, you will get the chance to be mentored by and work with some of the best lawyers and staff in Ontario.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting directly to the partners of the Commercial Litigation department, the Law Clerk will be responsible for the following duties:
- Document management and producing affidavits
- Providing litigation software support
- Determining appropriate document descriptions and coding documents for factual content in database
- Reviewing documents
- Searching and organization of data in the database
- Preparing lists of undertakings and refusals as well as reviewing transcripts
- Following up with opposing counsel regarding requests for productions and undertakings
- Summarizing reports such as discovery notes, transcripts, economic loss, etc.
- Preparing and maintenance of exhibits and witness binders.
- Docketing on a timely basis and other duties as required.
- 2+ years of experience as a Law Clerk in Commercial Litigation
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in IPRO Eclipse (or other comparable e-discovery litigation support software).
- Post-secondary accreditation for law clerk, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with the Sedona principles.
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word and Excel
- Salary dependent on experience
- 3-week vacation
- 80% health
- 100% vision
- 70% semi-private hospitalization
- Discount gym membership
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Riham at: 437-370-6406 ext. 308 or email email@example.com. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Impact Recruitment's offers that may interest you