This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Our client is a leading niche law firm seeking an Expropriation Lawyer for its Toronto Based office. Expropriation experience not required.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
As a boutique law firm, the focus of our client’s practice is solely within expropriation law. Expropriation experience is not required; You will enjoy a mix of clients including private and public sector representation. The firm’s lawyers are industry leaders and active members of the Ontario Expropriation Associate, ready to support and mentor you to achieve and maintain success.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Within this role you will act on behalf of expropriation authorities, and landowners facing expropriation.
You will receive superior employer paid benefits from day one. Law fees, Insurance and all Professional Memberships will be paid. Good work-life balance also comes with the territory here.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As an Associate you will report to and support the Partners in providing legal representation to clients across Ontario to include:
- Resolve complex claims involving many disciplines such as engineering, policy, planning, land use.
- Understand administration associated with expropriation such as land evaluation reports.
- Perform duties with both a high level of empathy and sensitivity for landowners; and an understanding that expropriation authorities act on behalf of the public good.
- Appear before tribunals, inquiry officers, compensation hearings and courts.
- Negotiating and/or mediating settlements.
- Drafting complex agreements.
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Must have Minimum 5 years post-call experience in any practice area excluding family law.
- Must have a genuine interest in land expropriation, property, planning, real estate.
- Excellent drafting skills
- Superior benefits and compensation.
- 4 weeks of vacation, in addition to sick days.
- Firm pays for LSO, LawPro and annual CPD fees.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Natalie Wozencroft at: 437 370 6406 ext. 305 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities across Canada. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other Impact Recruitment's offers that may interest you