This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client's organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this role, you will partner with other IBM consultants from other IBM practices to deliver the best possible solution to our clients as well as assisting and delivering our SIOC services to our clients.
- Ability to work easily with diverse and dynamic teams
- Ability to work in a matrix management model
- Ability to manage multiple client engagements or projects
- Ability to lead and deliver a project based on different project methodologies
- Effective writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to lead groups as a facilitator
- Ability to shape client expectations
- Ability to apply complex concepts to new situations and client needs, following limited guidance from other team members.
- Willing to travel within Canada and to the United States
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- English Fluent (written and verbal)
- English and French Fluent for Montreal,Quebec location
- At least 3 years of experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm with knowledge of SIEM technologies, ticketing and workflow orchestration, Threat-Intelligence Platforms, active defense, UseCase construction, etc.)
- At least 3 years experience working in projects in one of the core SIOC domains: SOC governance, organization design, operations management, incident investigation and response process and procedures
- Current knowledge of security threat intelligence and recent attack vectors
- Good understanding or proficiency in information security and compliance regulations (PCI, SOX, HIPAA, NERC)
- Good knowledge or understanding of Information Security regulations, frameworks and leading practices (such as MITRE, NIST, ISO, COBIT, SANS,)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Demonstrated experience with QRadar
- Recommended: Working towards Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), or other Security Management Certifications (ISSMP; CRISC; CISM; etc)
- Degree with focus in Cybersecurity or technical equivalent
About Business Unit
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments-with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other IBM Canada's offers that may interest you