This recruiter is online.
This is your chance to shine!Apply Now
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The Hybrid Cloud Platform Services Sales Sector Leader both acts as an individual contributor
and a broader sector team enabler to drive consumption of Multi-Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure,
GCP, IBM) and Advise, Build, Move, Manage services by applying broad and up to date
technical expertise and business acumen in an enterprise solution sales environment.
Responsibilities include leading product and solution briefings for clients and prospects at all
levels of the organization, regularly demonstrating cloud services and features in face to face and
virtual settings, gathering detailed client requirements and proposing effective cloud-based
- As a lead member of the sales team, collect, validate and vet with customer the deal-specific
- technical, functional, and nonfunctional requirements.
- Develop initial technical solution strategy based upon IBM's Cloud Platform services/capabilitie
- Develop non-binding indicative estimate (NBIE) solution proposals to include cost cases, draft
- deployment timelines, technical/operational dependencies, draft architectures.
- Apply technical and competitive insights specific to the Multi-Cloud Platform to optimize sales
- opportunities (also understand how to engineer solutions for leading cloud technologies and
- offerings including, but not limited to, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud
- Perform/execute client-facing meetings, RFP oral presentations, quarterly business reviews at
- client sites, and conduct hands-on solution / Cloud Platform demonstrations.
- Apply and continuously develop comprehensive knowledge of IBM's public cloud go-to-market
- Advise/write the technical elements of RFP responses, contracts and Statements of Work
- (SOWs) with respect to the applicable technical scope, integration points, and architectural
- Develop and maintain client relationships as trusted advisor and thought leader.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with business, channel and alliance partners.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate technical certifications in leading cloud platforms including
- Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud Platform, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Required client-related sales travel up to 25-50% (post COVID-19)
- pandemic, execute meetings effectively from home via Webex.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 3 years experience selling into Ontario Provincial Government.
- Minimum of 8-10 years experience in the IT industry.
- Minimum 3 years of Sales Engineering / solution design experience in client-facing meetings, performing technical aspects of RFP oral presentations, participating in quarterly business
- reviews at client sites.
- Experience leading in validating, vetting with customer the deal-specific technical, functional,
- and non-functional requirements.
- Experience engineering Cloud Platform technical solutions.
- Experience developing technical solution proposals, including cost estimates, draft deployment
- timelines, technical/operational dependencies.
- Strong understanding of the public cloud platform landscape, including AWS, Azure, Google
- Cloud Platform.
- Experience in conducting Cloud Platform demonstrations, solution demonstrations, and/or
- feature-function walk-throughs with customers in a live setting.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Existing technical certification in one or more of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, ''What else is possible?'' GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Level of education
Work experience (years)
Other IBM Canada's offers that may interest you